Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Stinky

About three weeks ago, my parents took me to the vet.  I don’t understand why they did that because I was feeling just fine.  There was a lot of discussion about travel … whatever that is.  The vet drew blood (that was bad), they spread me out like a frog and took pictures of my lungs (that wasn't fun either), and I got to return (Oh, joy) another day for a bladder and kidney exam.  I passed all my tests, and they say I can travel … I still don't know what that is.

Things are very different around the house these days.  Mom and dad keep taking things out to the garage and putting them in boxes.  They spread out large documents on tables and draw on them.  Something about maps.  I don’t really mind any of this activity because I can still get my usual 18 hours a day of beauty sleep.

Well, everything was going along just fine, until they started putting a harness on me.  They tried several different kinds – I don’t like any of them.  I haven’t been very cooperative in spite of all the special treats they give me.  As if THAT wasn't bad enough, now they drag me around in a little tiny fabric house with windows.  I can’t get out.  



There is more talk about travel and speculation about whether I will fit under the seat.  So, what is Southwest, anyway?   And what is Los Angeles?  I am so confused.

Yesterday I went to watch a youth Lacrosse game.  Lots of strangers came up to talk to me in my little box.  It was cold out.  I shivered and couldn't nap.  I liked the can of tuna they gave me, but was exhausted, and happy to finally get home.

Today, I went on a field trip with the harness and the box.  We went to the fishing store and the hardware store.  What is Alaska?  Apparently I am going to Alaska.  I am so confused.

All I can say is that things are changing … every day, and I don’t know what to expect tomorrow.Mom and dad keep saying it’s going to be an adventure … whatever that is.
I’ll let you know how that goes.
Stinky  









 

No comments:

Post a Comment