Wednesday, May 20, 2015

First Outing

My parents have been talking about and getting ready for ‘camping’ for a long time.  I had no idea what they were talking about until last weekend. 


We went to a Scotts Flat campground in their camper, and I got to sit outside and watch the world go by.  








I went for a long walk, with a string attached to me so that I couldn’t run off.  I sun bathed down by the lake.
My parents tried out everything in the camper - the shower, the heater, the stove.  





They even made me hamburger for our first dinner in the camper.  The trip went much better than I thought it would.





They haven’t been able to use their phones or computers … something about being off the grid.  I’m liking that.  They walked ½ mile uphill to make a phone call.  Glad they didn’t make me go on that walk! 



They went to a town called Nevada City and I had to stay in the camper while they went into town.  I slept in the overhead bunk, looking out the window as people walked by.  Mom and dad came back, served me a picnic lunch and went out again. 


We stayed two days and they made a list of things they are going to do to the camper.  I hope they don’t move my box, my bedroom, or my bed.  I finally figured out where everything is.

Tomorrow they food shop for ‘the big trip’ (where are we going ???)   and we leave Friday morning.


Stinky’s parent’s addition:

Nevada City (northern California) is a cute Victorian / gold rush town where old hippies go to retire.  

It has funky, quaint and odd shops, wineries and small museums.   

The historical culture (turn of the 20th century) was a blend of native Americans, Chinese railroad workers, and gold seeking pioneers.  

Was a fun place to spend a day while supervising Stinky’s camping trip.

Apparently you need to have lots of facial hair to be a member of this music group:


Happy trails ---


No comments:

Post a Comment